Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's all about the craftiness

No, not really. But I did want to share what I made for my Alli-girl today. These:
Photobucket
I bought the shirts (plain) at Wal-Mart (I love that store) for $3 a piece - can you believe that!? Crazy awesome, right!? Anyways, I still have a ton of Heat-n-Bond lite from the last time I did appliqued shirts (last September & at Christmas). It's about $5-6 per roll (and that is enough to do tons of shirts for all your kids, their friends around the neighborhood, at church AND at school). I used my Cricut to cut out the Heat-n-Bond in the shapes that I wanted, then ironed the H-n-B to the fabric, peeled off the paper backing and then ironed the applique to the shirts. Then I just sewed around all the edges to secure them to the shirt .They will fray a bit after washing, which I think looks cool! I added buttons (stitched on with embroidery floss) and ribbon for some extra pizazz. Fun, eh!? Well, I think so. ;)

3 comments:

Stephanie.Fitness said...

Super Cute! I might start doing that with my boys. Of course, I'll have to do dinosaurs and monster trucks instead of cute cupcakes and flowers. Thanks for being so crafty!

grammaDawn said...

Way cute and nice job. Has Martha booked you yet?

derrickandlisadye said...

love the shirts. you are brilliant ya know that?