Friday, October 17, 2008

WARNING!!! May be too graphic for some viewers. Parental supervision may be required!


Not really... but some people think that hunting is cruel, and get upset by seeing pictures of it. I think that hunting for food is great... poachers should be locked up and never let go! My big strong hunter of a man went out and got us an elk yesterday! He's the man, no use trying to deny it ;)! Two of his brothers (James and JT) went also, and they too each got an elk. Yipee! Elk meat is awesome (and not to mention a lot less expensive than beef). We are cutting half of it into steaks, and then turning the rest into burger. Our freezer is going to be bursting at the seams, which is great because who knows what next month (or the one after that, or the one after that etc) is going to bring.

2 comments:

Hieb Family said...

That elk tasted delicious. Thanks for having us over and feeding us. Also thanks for updating your blog so much. I love living vicariously through it.

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!! Crazy! That's awesome. You see, my Josh is not a hunter at all, so I have never got to experience that. I'll bet it does taste yummy though. I'm a little jealous.