Thursday, August 14, 2008

Old pair of jeans = awesome new pencil skirt!


Sew, this was really fun! (HAHAHA - sew instead of so... get it!?) Anyways, I have several pairs of older jeans that I don't wear anymore because they are either slightly too big, or have too straight of legs (I like my pants with bootcut, or flare legs but sometimes they are too small). Well, for awhile now I've been itching to buy a pencil skirt. But, no money = no fun for Bree. I decided to be a little creative, and use what I had to make myself a new skirt! Bada-bing, bada-boom... a little cut here, a little stitch there.... and *poof*! I had me a new skirt! And stupid me, I didn't take any before or during pictures. All I have is the final product (but if you can picture a pair of jeans you know what the before looked like). This is what I did: I just cut up the inside seams of the legs and then cut out the zipper, and cut of the seam of the butt. Then I just pinned it to fit me how I wanted, then I sewed it up, and cut off the extra denim. To finish it off, I cut it to an appropriate length, then sewed around the bottom so that it would only fray a little bit. Too much fun! I think it turned out pretty cute (esp. if you don't look at it too hard)! And what's better than turning something old and ugly, into something new and cute?! Not much, that's all I gotta say! The first picture is pre-wash, and the second and third are from after I washed it. Cool huh!? Tell me what you think! Keep in mind this is only the 3rd or 4th thing I've ever sewn (besides tons of scrapbook pages - but those are easy so they don't count).

No comments: