Monday, March 2, 2009

You know how....

when you suck on a lemon (or anything sour, really) and your face puckers up? Well, letting my kids paint has the same affect (or is it effect? i always forget) on my rear end! Any activity with the potential for HUGE MESSES / disasters does this same thing to me... my bum puckers up with hesitation, fear, and regret. I love letting my kids be crafty, but why do they have to enjoy the messiest mediums!? Why not crayons or colored pencils?! When they paint, I feel like I might as well hand them a roller paint brush and let them have at it on the living room walls. It just might be more productive (and less wasteful). Oh well... they have fun, and Blake atleast tells me when he colors on the wrong things and when he needs to be cleaned off - so that's a bonus... I guess! Right?!

1 comment:

grammaDawn said...

Fun times, but I know what you mean. Kids + paint = mess. But think of how fun that was for them.