Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Are we crazy?!

So, here's the scoop... Josh thinks that I should go back to school, and I think that I actually want to! Here I am 5 years after graduating with my AS, wanting to go to school. Crazy! I never thought that those words would come out of mouth (or be typed from my fingers, I guess I should say). "How did this happen?" you might be wondering. Well, it all started back a month or so ago. Josh came home from a temple session (I couldn't go because we didn't get a babysitter in time) and he said that he's had an impression that I should go back to school. Well, he keeps bringing it up, and telling me that I should do it. And I think that I just might. The only thing is, I don't know what I should go back for... HOLLY CRAP MY PANTS ARE ON FIRE!!!!!! OOOOUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH... IT BURNS!!!!!!

Whoa... sorry about that! I have an inkling as to what I would go back to school for. I really think that I should go back and get my nursing degree. I've always wanted to be a nurse, and ever since I've had kids I've really wanted to be a Labor & Delivery Nurse. How fun would it be to help bring babies into this world - or get to see that happening on a daily basis!? Tons of fun, that's how much (at least for me). Well, anyways, I guess what I am getting at is that I need y'alls opinon... what do you think? Am I crazy stupid? Just crazy? Stupid maybe? Is it even possible? Is it even worth it? The unknown is so scary! HELP!

10 comments:

neenerneener said...

so why didn't you listen to me not too long ago and you could be going to nursing school with me?!?! you would make an AWESOME nurse and the potential for moola is GRAND!! tell josh that i was right!! (and i didn't even go to the temple for that one!) but i guess you have to know it's right for your family....ugh...humility sucks...your LPN is only a year away and you would totally qualify for FAFSA AND help with preschool like headstart for the kiddies....

Stephanie.Fitness said...

Wow Girl! You are going to be super busy when you start school all over again....but it will be worth it! If it's something that you would really enjoy doing, then I say, "DO IT!" Quite your day dreaming and just fulfil your dreams! You'd make such a great nurse too...I'd want you to be my nurse when I get sick. Hahaha!
Good luck woman!

Hieb Family said...

I think you should do it!!! You are great at everything you do and will be successful at this journey as well, I am sure!

grammaDawn said...

How did you get to be such an amazing girl? Course, what am I saying, you've always been that way. Am I lucky or what to have you as my daughter?

Anonymous said...

Bree-just do it. Let me tell you...in this day and age...you never know when you might need it. Every little bit helps. Who says women shouldn't be well educated!? Whoever they are-they are mistaking. If you have the time, and energy and resources, don't even think twice. Just go for it. You go! hehehe

James & Amy Anderson Family said...

Having gone through a nursing program, let me just tell you- it is very demanding! You have put in a lot of hours! I think you would be good at it- just be prepared to put a lot of time into it! I think labor and delivery is definitely an area of nursing you would enjoy. Are you thinking LPN at EITC or RN at BYU-I?

James & Amy Anderson Family said...

Ok, so I just read over my comment and realized it is kind of negative and I did not mean it to be negative. I really enjoyed nursing and I really miss it too. All of the work and time you put into a degree will be worth it- it pays very well. And one thing about nursing is that you can do a ton of different things- there are so many different areas you can work in. I think it would be great if you got your degree!

Stephanie said...

You should do it! You would be an awesome nurse- and think about the amazing hours- what an ideal job! I will totally help watch your kids. Go Bree!

Torman said...

I agree with Suzie if it is something you really want to do you will totally rock at it! Crazy I did not know you thinking of going back to school! Learning is good! :)

ariel said...

As a RN since 07, I can tell you that nursing school is super demanding. I don't think you could do a business on top of school and family... have you thought about something other than nursing, like some kind of small business managment program?